Monday, July 19, 2010

what i need/want to work on

There are so many things that I need to work on, and like anything in life, I need to keep the mentality that I always need to learn and that there are always people better then me.

For me, the biggest thing right now( as for most poker players)is knowing when to make the lay down. The last time I played cash games, there were 2 huge hands, that in hind sight, I should have been able to lay down. Yes, sometimes you are getting bluffed, but the ability to lay down a huge hand based on your read will save you so much money in the long run. I will get into more detail later about specific hands, but overall knowing when to lay down a huge hand, even if you think you have the best hand, is the biggest thing I need to work on if I plan to make this a full-time successful thing.

Also, managing my bank roll is something else I need to work on. I need to set limits for myself for winning and for losing every time I sit down for a session. That amount will be based on the limit of the game I am playing and also how much I buy in for. I have to be able to set a limit for how many times I will re-load( buy back in) before I call it a day, and also set a limit for myself for winning a certain amount before I am done. Even if I win that much in the first 15 minutes( which is very easy to obtain with a big hand), I have to be able to say, ok, I bought in for 300, I am up to 750, time to walk away for the day etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment